Foster a Dog
How it Works
AMI Pup Fosters are a key part of our rescue and rehome process. Fosters provide temporary housing and love for our dogs while they are vetted and groomed, and ultimately find their forever homes. Foster engagements are typically limited to 1-2 engagements. AMI Pup Rescue provides everything a foster needs to care for the dog in their care: food, leash and harness, a crate and toys for enrichment. AMI Pup pays for all vet expenses as well as anything else a foster may need to care for the dog. Because vetting is done in Manatee County, we do look for fosters in our immediate area.
Foster to Adopt
This is an opportunity for a potential adopter to ‘test drive’ a potential new family member as the dog goes through our vetting process. All AMI Pup fosters have the first right to adopt their foster dog!
Foster Application Process
· Step 1: Fill out the Foster Application by clicking the button below. Foster to Adopt candidates will click on the ‘Adopt’ button under the ‘Available Dogs’ tab
· Step 2: AMI Pup reviews vet references of its fosters and adopters
· Step 3: We will visit with you in your home to confirm your interests and answer any questions you may have
· Step 4: We can typically tell you some basic information about the dog you will get within 2-3 days of the foster commitment. Once the dog is picked up from the shelter,
we give the dog a bath and Capstar to ensure the dog is flea-free. We deliver the dog and all supplies directly to your home.
· Step 5: A foster agreement detailing what you can expect from us is executed between AMI Pup and the foster.
We provide a list of appointments that the dog will have in the coming week for your planning purposes. We ask that fosters deliver and pick up their dogs to spay/neuter appointments when they are able. Alternatively, AMI Pup will take care of the transport. Our fosters are not expected to be involved in the vetting of applications or the adoption process.
AMI Pup Rescue's Commitment to You and Your Foster Dog
We provide routine and emergency medical care at one of our fantastic partner vets...at no cost to you.
We provide essential supplies, including collars, leashes, crates, and identification tags.
We have trainers/behaviorists who can help work through any issues (no matter how big or small) you may have with your AMI Pup foster dog.
We let the world know that your AMI Pup is looking for a permanent home by posting him or her on multiple websites.
AMI Pup is available at any time to answer questions, screen potential adopters, help transport your dog when you are unable, and do anything we can to make fostering a great experience!
Your Commitment to AMI Pup Rescue
You provide daily care for your AMI Pup.
You provide unconditional love and affection.
You share photos and videos of your foster.
And most importantly, you let us know if you need help!
Help us Help them
Fill out the foster home application here: